Holistic Learning at GAIS
GEMS Akademia offers a comprehensive learning programme that extends far beyond the confines of a classroom. Students have countless opportunities to assimilate knowledge, discover hidden talents, follow dreams and grow into well-rounded individuals. Through different facets of the residential, boarding and day scholastic programmes, a range of skills and qualities are built and nurtured in the students, to ensure their holistic development.
|Passion for Learning||Responsibility|
Every activity, both inside and outside the classroom, at GEMS Akademia contributes towards the learning process in different, but equally meaningful ways. Children are strongly encouraged to participate in every aspect of school-life, and receive support and guidance from experienced faculty members at all times.
Inside the classroom:
- With a maximum of 30 students in a class, every child receives the personal attention that he/she deserves and needs
- A broad range of subject areas are taught to provide children with sufficient flexibility when choosing their area of specialization
- Special emphasis is placed on learning of Indian and Foreign Languages
- Exposures to national and international issues to increase students awareness
- Innovative problem-solving techniques, questioning, and active participation in discussions are strongly encouraged to build curiosity and confidence
- Unique teaching methods are used to make learning a fun, interactive and engaging process
- A practical, or project-based approach to learning; complement traditional and theoretical forms of knowledge building
- Teachers are approachable and friendly, forming a parent-like association with every child. They encourage children to think, question and freely express themselves during lessons.
Outside the classroom:
- Yoga, Meditation and Prayer forms an integral part of the school curriculum so that students have calm and unburdened mind
- A mandatory co-curricular programme ensures that children step out of their comfort zones and endeavour to learn new skills
- Celebrations of cultural festivals and historic occasions, both national and international, foster a spirit of togetherness amongst children
- Inter-house and school-wide events are organized to inculcate a spirit of loyalty and healthy competition in the children, and to showcase their talents
- Eminent guests/personalities frequently visit the campus to hold meaningful interactions with students
- Children are encouraged to initiate and manage student-run Clubs to bring together those with similar interests across academics, sports, arts and other areas
- Excursions, field trips and off-campus activities are organized frequently to explore varied areas of interest